Luxury Home Tour | FAQs (updated for 2021)
What will the tour do for guests’ health and safety? In light of COVID-19 and to provide a safe environment for our attendees, volunteers, and staff, the Luxury Home Tour will employ and require additional safety precautions, including, but not limited to:
- Foot coverings will be worn by all guests (provided), socks will not qualify as foot coverings
- Consistent traffic flow will be maintained inside the homes for increased safety through the front door and exit through the garage
- In accordance with the CDC recommendations for unvaccinated individuals, all unvaccinated guests and Midwest Home team members will be asked to wear a mask upon entering a home
Where can I buy tickets? How much do they cost?
- You can purchase tickets online HERE and at participating Cub Food and Menards locations!
What is included in my ticket?
- Your ticket will be exchanged for a passport at the first home you visit. Each passport allows admittance into all homes as many times as you wish during tour hours on all three weekends.
I bought a ticket online and I can’t find it. Where is it?
- Tickets for the tour are sold on online and a copy of your ticket will be emailed to you after purchase. Rarely, automated emails may go to your junk mail or spam folder in your email, so be sure to check there if you do not receive your ticket within a few minutes of purchase. Prior to visiting your first home, please contact us if you continue to have problems.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the Luxury Home Tour homes?
- You may either bring your ticket or show your ticket on your phone to the attendant at the first home. This will then be exchanged for a passport that will serve as your entry pass for the other homes on the tour.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Transportation is not provided for this event. Street parking will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
What may I not bring into the Luxury Home Tour?
- No strollers are allowed in the homes. Shoes must be removed before entry and you must wear provided booties. A bag will be provided to carry your shoes while touring the home. No outside food or beverage is allowed in the homes.
Can I bring my pet?
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
- Yes, the name on the ticket does not need to match the attendee.
What happens if it rains?
- The tour will be held rain or shine. You can leave your umbrella in the garages as you go through the homes.
Are there any volunteer opportunities during the tour?
- Yes! If you would like to be a paid volunteer, visit this HERE and submit the Volunteer Opportunities form at the bottom of the page. We will add you to the mailing list for the events you select.
How can I get discounted tickets to the Luxury Home Tour?
- We encourage you to sign up for Midwest Home‘s regular emails and watch for special promotions. Discounted tickets are also available at local Cub Foods and Menards stores.
If I see something in a home that I like, how can I get more information?
- The builder on site will be happy to answer your questions. In addition, literature for many of the event sponsors will be available in the garage area of each of the homes. Of course, snap a picture so you remember it!
What else should I know about the Luxury Home Tour?
- Food, beverages, strollers, and smoking are prohibited inside the homes. Bring address labels or business cards for quick registration for prizes.
What’s the refund policy?
- Refunds are not being issued at this time.