We’re so excited and honored to announce that Midwest Home won 2019 Magazine of the Year from the Minnesota Media + Publishing Association!
“I have to say, I’m most proud of my team and the way we all work so well together to create a truly beautiful product that shares the stories of the amazing work our local design-build professionals do on a daily basis,” Midwest Home senior editor Anna Bjorlin says. “Midwest Home would not be the success it is today without its editors and their careful attention to detail, talented art director with a unique eye for design, and our dedicated sales reps.”
In addition to Magazine of the Year, we won:
- Gold Award for overall excellence
- Gold Award for feature design for From the Ashes
- Silver Award for print or online feature article for A Modern Un-Cabin
- Silver Award for single-topic issue, special section, or special supplement for our Midwest Home Remodeling Guide 2019
- Silver Award for overall design
- Silver Award for cover design for our January/February 2019 issue
- Bronze Award for print or online profile article for Intentional Style
All Midwest Home’s awards won in the category of special interest publication with under 60,000 distribution.
“As an editorial team of three, this recognition speaks to our commitment to continuously craft a memorable, educational, and beautiful publication from cover to cover,” Midwest Home associate editor Katelyn Bloomquist says.
Our sister publication, Minnesota Monthly, also took home an impressive collection of awards including:
- Gold Award for cover design for our December 2018 issue
- Gold Award for feature design for Best New Restaurants
- Silver Award for feature design for Best Burgers
- Silver Award for overall excellence
- Silver Award for Editor’s or Publisher’s editorial or letter to the readers for senior editor Reed Fischer’s If These Walls Could Talk letter.
- Bronze Award for print or online feature article for our story, Serious Dough
- Bronze Award for overall design
All Minnesota Monthly‘s awards won in the category of general interest publication with under 60,000 distribution.
Finally, one of Greenspring Media’s custom publications, B Magazine, won a silver award for print or online feature article for a story titled, Strength in Numbers. This award was given in the association/education category.
Many of our talented staff attended the Association’s 23rd Annual Excellence Awards Ceremony to accept the awards. The recognition is fueling our team to produce extraordinary products in 2020. “I’m excited to continue upholding the quality of this time-honored magazine as we begin working on our 2020 issues!” Bjorlin says.
Want to subscribe to the Magazine of the Year? Click here.