We’re back and better than ever with another month of DIY class listings. In March, you can build a farmhouse-style clock at Carver Junk Co., pour paint at Socially Handcrafted, or learn beginner-level calligraphy at LAB MPLS. So take your pick, unleash your creative spirit, and let your inner artist run wild at these do-it-yourself classes across the Twin Cities metro.
Carver Junk Co.
Google describes Carver Junk Co. as a “cozy shop for restored vintage furniture, housewares, and accessories with a rustic-chic aesthetic.” True, but they left out the kicker: They offer some can’t-miss, one-of-a-kind DIY classes, too.
- Saturday, March 2 – Asymmetrical Wreath, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, March 2 – Painted Box + Mason Jars, 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 5 – Farmhouse Clock, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23 – Hello Coat Rack, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, March 23 – Personalized Tray, 1 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28 – Asymmetrical Wreath, 6 p.m.
Times subject to change. For additional info and locations, visit carverjunkcompany.com.
Create Space in White Bear Lake has classes for all ages and levels, hosts private events, public classes, drop-in hours, and even gives back to the local community by donating 10 percent of their revenue.
- Thursday, March 7, 14, 21, 28 – Open Hours, noon to 6 p.m.
- Friday, March 8, 15, 22, 29 – Open Hours, noon to 6 p.m.
- Friday, March 8, 15, 22, 29 – Wood Sign Class, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9 – Wood Sign Class, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16, 23, 30 – Wood Sign Class, 2 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit yourcreatespace.com.
LAB MPLS collaborates with local artists who come into their Minneapolis studio to teach “labs”—offering a wide variety of creative explorations from cocktails, calligraphy, watercolor, florals, and more.
- Thursday, March 7 – Watercolor Lab, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16 – Photography Lab 2.0, 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, March 28 – Calligraphy Lab, 6:30 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit labmpls.com.
Projects in Person
Projects In Person, better known as PIP, offers wood-based home decor projects that range from headboards to cutting boards and everything in between. They bring the tools; you bring the creativity.
- Thursday, March 7 – Cutting Boards, 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 8 – Floating Shelves, 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 15 – Clock, 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 22 – Copper + Wood Ladder, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 – Centerpiece Box, 10 a.m.
For additional info and locations, visit projectsinperson.com.
Raw 2 Rustic
Whether it’s a corporate event, public class, or private party, Raw 2 Rustic travels far and wide with all the stencils, stains, paint, and designs you need to create a rustic, contemporary work of art that will prove to be a flawless fit in your home.
- Thursday, March 21 – Paint and Plant Succulent Event, 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 24 – 1 Small Sign + Wine, 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 26 – 1 Small Sign, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28 – 1 Large Sign or 2 Small Signs, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 – Make Your Porch Pretty, 12 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit raw2rustic.com.
Sawdust Savvy, located in Stillwater, offers plenty of “Pick Your Project” workshops where participants can complete 22 different projects—including wood signs, decorative boxes, serving/decorative trays, photo ledges, blanket ladders, shelves, and even a custom farmhouse table for your kitchen or dining room.
- Tuesday, March 5 – Blanket Ladder Workshop, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9, 16, 23, 30 – Pick Your Project, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20 – Tilted Tiki Night, 6 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit sawdustsavvy.com.
Socially Handcrafted, located in Burnsville, has a personality. I mean, their motto is “…because crafting is cheaper than therapy.” Not only do they have a sense of humor, but they’re Minnesota’s only “speakeasy” DIY studio—sure to provide a new, exciting, and promising experience.
- Wednesday, March 6 – Paint Pouring, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7 – Spring Porch Signs, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14 – Spring Flowers + Signs, 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 15 – Paint Pouring, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23 – Spring Flowers + Signs, 4 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit sociallyhandcrafted.com.