Our monthly DIY class calendars are back! Unleash your creative spirit and let your inner artist run wild at these do-it-yourself classes across the Twin Cities.
Board & Brush
Board & Brush is on the fast track to a complete Minnesota takeover. This DIY, Midwest-born studio franchise, founded by Julie Selby in 2015, was born in Hartland, Wisconsin, where she opened her first studio. Since then, locations have popped up around the country and Minnesota is no exception—we have seven locations of our own in Lakeville, Woodbury, St. Louis Park, Duluth, Chanhassen, Elk River, and Rochester.
For specific classes offered at each location, visit boardandbrush.com.
Carver Junk Co.
Google describes Carver Junk Co. as a “cozy shop for restored vintage furniture, housewares, and accessories with a rustic-chic aesthetic.” True, but they left out the kicker: It offers some can’t-miss, one-of-a-kind DIY classes, too.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday, July 23-25 – S’mores Box Make-N-Take, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Come in any time!)
- Sunday, July 25 – DIY Succulent Planter @ Waconia Brewing, 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 29 – Alcohol Ink Workshop @ Badger Hill Brewing Company, 3 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit carverjunkcompany.com.
Create Space in White Bear Lake has classes for all ages and levels, hosts private events, public classes, drop-in hours, and even gives back to the local community by donating 10 percent of its revenue.
- Thursday, July 8, 15, 22, & 29 – Open Workshop Hours, noon to 9 p.m.
- Friday, July 9, 16, 23, 30 – Open Workshop Hours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 10, 17, 24, 31 – Open Workshop Hours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit yourcreatespace.com.
Paint & Pallet
From paint colors to stencils, you customize everything to your style at Paint & Pallet DIY Studio in Ramsey. Pinterest-perfect porch signs and wood signs for the home are at the core of this do-it-yourself studio. Curbside craft kits are also available for pickup.
- Tuesday, July 6 – Wood Sign Workshop, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, July 17 & 31 – Wood Sign Workshop, 10 a.m.
- Friday, July 30 – Wood Sign Workshop, 6 p.m.
For additional info and locations, visit paintandpalletdiy.com.
Socially Handcrafted, located in Burnsville, has a personality. I mean, its motto is “…because crafting is cheaper than therapy.” Not only does the team have a sense of humor, but the company is Minnesota’s only “speakeasy” DIY studio—sure to provide a new, exciting, and promising experience.
Various make-and-take kits available to purchase, and private events can be organized and scheduled.
For additional info and locations, visit sociallyhandcrafted.com.
Upstairs Circus MPLS
Upstairs Circus is where DIY projects meet happy hour. Choose from 25-plus do-it-yourself crafts (from concrete coasters, jewelry hangers, and butcher boards to six-pack carriers, leather pet collars, and fiber wall art) while sipping your favorite boozy beverage. The best part? Second projects are half off.
- Tuesdays through Saturdays – Open Hours, noon to 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays through Saturdays – Happy Hour Project Social, 3-6 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays through Saturdays – Upstairs Circus Project Social, 7-10 p.m.
- Wednesdays – Friendsday Wednesday, 7-10 a.m.
- Sundays – Making N Mimosas, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Sundays – Sangria Sunday Funday, 3-6 p.m.
For additional info, visit upstairscircus.com.