In gearing up for the 2015 Midwest Home Luxury Home Tour—starting the first weekend in June—we’ll be talking to some of the builders on this year’s tour. This week, we’re featuring Stonewood LLC, home #5 on the tour.
Sometimes, knowing where to start can be the most challenging part in building a new home.
In part three of our four-part series, Stonewood LLC describes how they pull the pieces together to construct a new house:
Adding the front entrance
We start by assembling the team—architects and interior designers familiar and versed in that style. We work with suppliers who have a passion for their trade. In many cases, our trade partners are second or third-generation craftsmen. They feel very strongly about providing a quality product and cannot let well enough alone; it has to be perfect to attach their name to it. Once we have our team in place, we can finalize plans and begin building. Throughout the process, we stay true to the materials, techniques, and architectural details of the home.
BUILDING PROCESS STEPS:
- PRE CONSTRUCTION—Finalize plans, budget, selections
- FOUNDATION—Erosion control, excavation, footings, foundation, waterproofing
- FRAMING ROUGH INS—Frame house, roofing dry in, soffit & fascia installation, window installation
- MECHANICAL ROUGH INS—Heating, plumbing, electrical
- INSULATION/DRYWALL—Insulation, drywall walls & ceilings
- INTERIOR FINISHES—Cabinets, millwork, tile & stone, countertops, backsplash, hardwood flooring, painting & staining
- EXTERIOR FINISHES—Exterior stonework, siding, garage doors, painting
- INTERIOR FINALS—Bath accessories, carpet installation, closet shelving, wallpaper, window shades
- EXTERIOR FINALS—Install driveway & landscaping
Master bedroom carpet (prior to carpet installation)—occurs towards end of building process
Master bathtub (photos before and after install)—usually occurs in the middle to end of building process
Golf simulator (photos before and after install)—occurs at the end of the building process
Powder bathroom (photos before and after faux finish was applied)—occurs at the end of the building process
Built-in cabinets (before and after install)—occurs towards the middle of the building process
Landscaping occurs at the end of the building process
By Jennie Eukel, presented by Stonewood LLC
Photos courtesy of Stonewood LLC
Builder: Stonewood LLC