Home #3 on the AIA Homes by Architects Tour, by Peterssen/Keller Architecture
It’s time to plan your route for the 2017 Homes by Architects tour. Get ready to enjoy some great architecture against the beautiful backdrop of the Twin Cities in the fall. Here are some tips to help you make the most of the tour:
- Get off the beaten path. Driving out to Excelsior and Stillwater locations will reward visitors with unique homes and design visions. Plan your time and route to include even those that seem far afield.
- Re-use your booties. If you make it a mission to see all 17 homes on the tour during the weekend, take your shoe covers with you from home to home. You’ll bypass the crowds waiting at the door, and save resources!
- Mix it up. There’s no mandate to start with Home #1 and follow the numerical order of the tour. Start at the end. Start in the middle. Or create a configuration that works for you! There’s no wrong way to experience the tour.
- Make note of homes with special access points. A shuttle bus will transport you to Home #3 from a designated parking lot, so plan for a few extra minutes to make the short trip. And watch for signs at Home #4 directing you to part at the Wayzata Bay Yacht Club’s east lot, which is just down the road from the actual home.
- Like the tour on Facebook. Check out our posts before, during and after the tour on the HBA Tour Facebook page. Posts often include up-to-the-minute traffic alerts, photos of the events, and tips about interesting features in each house.
Don’t miss the 17 new and remodeled, architect designed homes on the 2017 tour. Homes are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17, 2017. Tickets are available for purchase here until noon on Friday, September 15. Tickets may also be purchased at any of the tour homes all weekend during the event.
The 2017 homes tour is supported by Hage Homes, Marvin Windows & Doors, Pella Windows and Doors, Amsum & Ash, Anderson Reda, Brooke Voss Design, Kolbe Gallery Twin Cities, Mattson Macdonald Young, Ridge Construction, LLC, Ron Beining Associates, Streeter & Associates, Elevation Homes, Stinson Builders, Warners’ Stellian Appliances, Lelch Audio Video, Lifespace Construction, Alpine Hardwood, DOM Interiors, Dovetail Renovation, Frost Cabinets, Katie Bassett Interiors, Lakes Sotheby’s International Realty, Otto Painting Design, Urban Ecosystems, Welch Forsman, All Seasons Fireplace, Amy K Design, Rubble Tile, Morrissey Builders, Shaw Design Associates and media partner Greenspring Media.